2-way active monitor.
Product lists can be submitted to HHB for a packaged quotation
The A5X is popular among professionals working in television studios and remote broadcast vans. The A5X can also be found in numerous home/project studios around the world. Its open, powerful sound makes the A5X a trustworthy and useful tool for multimedia applications as well.
Like all models of the AX-Series, the A5X is equipped with ADAM’s proprietary X-ART tweeter. One 5.5″ bass/midrange woofer works below 2.5kHz and is driven by a 1.5″ voice coil and a powerful 50 Watt PWM amplifier. Its acoustic qualities give you a clear picture of the smallest changes in your mix and the sonic results. Despite all that it does, the A5X is not fatiguing in long studio sessions.
The ‘Stereolink’ is a useful feature for desktop DAWs. Two additional input and output jacks for the second stereo channel allow you to control the volume for both monitors using the volume control of only one loudspeaker. The volume control of the other monitor only affects its own volume in order to easily compensate for differences in listening distance. Unlike the typical master-slave configuration, each A5X monitor is fully equipped and can function either as a master or a slave unit.
- X-ART tweeter, handmade in Berlin
- The air velocity ratio of 4:1 during the sound generation by folded X-ART membrane
- Ultra-light but extremely dimensionally stable woofer material (Carbon/Rohacell/Glass fiber)
- Vertical 2-way system with 5″ woofer
- Highly efficient PWM amplifier for the woofer coupled with an A/B amplifier for X-ART tweeter
- Linear frequency response of 50 Hz to 50 kHz
- Maximum peak sound pressure per pair in 1 m ≥ 110 dB
- Simple, stepless room acoustic adjustments over tweeter gain, low and high shelf filters
- Stereolink function (Cinch cable contained in the delivery contents)
- Analog XLR and RCA inputs
- Acoustically optimized cabinet geometry
- Directional sound radiation in vertical plane
- Volume control and on/off switch on the front
- Compact cabinet dimensions
- Easily mounted on walls with original ADAM Audio wall mount (optional)
- 2 years warranty with optional extension to 3 years with the registration of the product