AJA Io 4K Plus
Professional Video I/O with Thunderbolt 3 Performance
Product lists can be submitted to HHB for a packaged quotation
Io 4K Plus is the cutting edge of capture and output hardware available over Thunderbolt 3, offering a full set of professional video and audio connectivity with support for the latest 4K/UltraHD devices, High Frame Rate (HFR), High Dynamic Range (HDR) and deep colour workflows. The power of Thunderbolt 3 enables Io 4K Plus to handle a wide range of formats from SD to HD, UltraHD and full 4K with frame rates up to 60p over both 12G-SDI and HDMI 2.0 with single cable simplicity, plus HDR 10 and HLG support over HDMI for emerging HDR workflows.
- Portable 4K/UltraHD and HD/SD capture and playback across Thunderbolt 3
- Backwards compatibility with existing Thunderbolt hosts
- 12G/6G/3G/1.5G-SDI and HDMI 2.0 I/O for 4K, UltraHD, 2K, HD and SD with HFR support up to 60p at 4:2:2
- Real-time 4K/UltraHD to 2K/HD down-conversion
- 8-,10- and 12-bit 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 over 12G-SDI or HDMI 2.0 workflow support
- Two Thunderbolt 3 ports allow easy daisy-chaining of up to six Thunderbolt devices
- 16-channel embedded audio on SDI; 8-channel embedded audio on HDMI; 4-channel analogue audio in and out via XLR breakout
- Downstream keyer
- Standard 12v 4-pin XLR for AC or battery power
- Compatibility with creative applications including Adobe Premiere Pro, Apple Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer, FilmLight products, AJA Control Room and more
- RS-422 VTR control, Reference, LTC Input
- Headphone jack and level control for mobile environments
Professional Connectivity: 12G-SDI and HDMI 2.0
Today’s workflows demand speed, bandwidth and simplicity. Io 4K Plus supports 4K, UltraHD, 12G/6G/3G/1.5G-SDI, Dual Link, HD-SDI and SD-SDI as well as UltraHD and HD over HDMI 2.0 for both capture and output. The HDMI output is also able to accurately display HDR 10 and HLG to support emerging HDR workflows.
12G-SDI and HDMI 2.0 bring both power and simplicity to your projects, with the ability to use single cables for both input and output for the most demanding workflows. 12G-SDI is backwards compatible with SDI sources, covering all your bases through a single port. HDMI 2.0 allows high raster and frame rate capture and the ability to display the same to affordable and beautiful HDMI 2.0 displays.
Universal Compatibility: Thunderbolt™ 3 via USB-C
Io 4K Plus provides two Thunderbolt 3 ports for true Thunderbolt flexibility.
Thunderbolt 3 doubles the speed of the previous Thunderbolt 2 standard with up to 40 Gps of throughput and utilizes the universal USB-C connection standard for true simplicity over a single cable and port for today’s leading Mac and PC workstations and laptops, ideal for Video and Audio I/O as provided by the Io 4K Plus.
Thunderbolt™ 3 features:
- Thunderbolt™, USB, DisplayPort, and power on USB-C
- USB-C connector and cables (small, reversible)
- 40 Gb/s: Thunderbolt™ 3 – double the speed of Thunderbolt™ 2
- Bi-directional, dual-protocol (PCI Express and DisplayPort)
- 4x lanes of PCI Express Gen 3
- DisplayPort 1.2 – supports two 4K displays (4096 x 2160 30bpp @ 60 Hz)
- Lowest latency for PCI Express audio
- USB 3.1 (10 Gb/s) – compatible with existing USB devices and cables
- DisplayPort 1.2 – compatible with existing DisplayPort displays, devices, and cables
- Daisy chain up to six devices
Apple Mac Pro Compatible
AJA offers full compatibility for the new Apple Mac Pro, including support for AJA Control Room with Metal compatibility as well as extensive support for a range of applications. For productions handling high-resolution workflows all the way up to 4K, Io 4K Plus is a perfect companion with the new desktop offering Thunderbolt 3-based 12G-SDI and HDMI 2.0 capture and playback.
Monitor 4K/UltraHD in HD
When working at 4K resolutions, Io 4K Plus outputs a high-quality HD-SDI down-converted signal on a dedicated BNC connector. This HD signal can be used to output 4K projects directly to HD recorders for broadcast and for easy viewing of 4K images on HD monitors during post-production.
HDR or High Dynamic Range provides the ability to display a wider and richer range of colours, much brighter whites, and much deeper, darker blacks than standard signals allow. This gives your imagery a more ‘dynamic’ look and allows for natural true to life colours to be communicated to your audience.Io 4K Plus provides this support for your 4K/UltraHD/2K and HD HDR pipelines to HDMI compatible displays in software v14 with HLG and HDR 10 support with HDR Infoframe metadata, in accordance with HDMI 2.0a/CTA-861.3 and HD.v14.2 Desktop Software offers HDR input from HDMI 2.0 input for capturing PlayStation and PlayStation Pro gameplay and more.
Integrated Digital Audio, Analog Audio Flexibility
Embedded 16-Channel SDI and 8-Channel HDMI audio are supported as well as analogue audio inputs, outputs or both via a standard DB-25 connection. Stereo monitoring is also possible with a front panel mini-TRS headphone jack. With desktop software v14 analogue audio can be configured for flexibility when needing to record voice-overs and more with the ability to choose how the DB-25 connection on Io 4K Plus is configured:
- 8-Channel, 24 and 16-bit D/A analogue audio, 48 kHz sample rate, balanced, using industry-standard 8x XLR on DB-25 breakout cable (cable not included)
- Balanced Analog Audio I/O:
- Input across Ch. 1-8, Ch. 1-4, or Ch. 5-8
- Output across Ch. 1-8, Ch. 1-4, or Ch. 5-8
AJA’s technical support is recognized as among the best in the industry and is available to all AJA customers. If you need assistance with any aspect of your Mobile I/O installation, configuration, operation or encounter any technical issue, AJA Support will work with you to get up and running. Mobile I/O products are covered by a generous three-year warranty. Please see the individual Product’s Manual for additional specifics around warranty conditions for the product itself.
AR support with Unreal Engine 4.22
Capture real-time footage with Io 4K Plus over SDI from high-quality cameras, meld your footage with your virtual environment created by the Unreal Engine and send it back out in real-time to air – a growing need for broadcasters, augmented reality (AR) needs and more.
Digital filmmakers also benefit with these new workflows: On set, enhance your live-action VFX work with the ability to see a full composite live during the course of the shoot. This results in fewer reshoots, the ability for actors to understand the virtual environment they are working within for stronger performances and ultimately leads to a range of efficiencies and cost savings with the added benefit of a smoother transition into post-production.
Io 4K Plus can be locked to an external reference for integration into larger productions, or feed LTC in and out to ensure footage captured with Io 4K has the proper timecode.
An RS-422 port allows control of tape decks for frame-accurate captures and layoffs.