API Lunchbox 8-slot
8-slot chassis for 500 Series modules.
Product lists can be submitted to HHB for a packaged quotation
The API 8-slot lunchbox includes all of the features of the 6-slot model (500-6B), including DB-25 (D-Sub) connectors for easy I/O, universal power supply (100 or 250V, 47 to 63Hz), phantom power, and easy rack-mounting with an optional rack-ear kit. New toggle switches are available for channel linking.
The 8-slot lunchbox is a self-powered and portables solution for use with the 500-Series modules. API manufacturers numerous modules, including the 512c Mic Preamplifier, the 525 Compressor, the 527 Compressor, the 550A 3-band EQ, the 550b 4-band EQ and the 560 Graphic EQ. Combinations of these modules can be used for stereo recording.
• 8 Slots with 250 mA of power per slot
• Full compatibility with API 500 Series and VPR-approved modules
• DB25 connectivity on the rear panel
• Phantom Power
• Optional Rack Ears available for rack mounting
• Toggle switches for channel linking
• Rubber feet & carrying handle for portability
• Rugged steel chassis
• Perfect for remote recording of Vocalist and Instruments
NOTE: Older API 560A series equalisers used pin 15 for a “direct output” and must be disabled on the 560A circuit board edge connector by cutting a trace. This will eliminate 48 volts from damaging the 560A series equalisers.