FOCUSRITE PRO ISA 828 MkII
Eight-Channel Mic Pre
Product lists can be submitted to HHB for a packaged quotation
The ISA 828MkII incorporates eight of Focusrite’s classic mic preamps, with Lundahl LL1538 transformers on every input. Each channel has the option of mic or line inputs,while inputs 1-4 also feature instrument inputs on the front panel. Each mic pre has variable input impedance, to provide a range of subtly different sonic options when using microphones, including an ‘ISA 110’ setting, which replicates the impedance of the original Focusrite mic pre.
Up to 60dB of gain is available, with a further +20dB of continuously variable trim,providing a huge 80dB gain range. The high-pass filter has a fixed 75Hz frequency and 18dB / octave roll-off for minimising rumble, stand-borne noise and other low-frequency sounds. The ISA 828 MkII also features per-channel,six-segment LED meters, and switchable rear-panel insert points, which allow the use of inline processors such as compressors or EQs.
Dedicated connectors for mic and line-level inputs allow all sources to be connected simultaneously, making ISA 828 MkII perfect for permanent installation in a rack. A switching power supply allows for efficient, cool operation, without sacrificing sound quality or performance, and increasing reliability over its predecessor. The optional ISA ADN8 analogue-to-digital expansion card provides eight Dante, ADAT and AES3 outputs at sampling rates of up to 24-bit / 192kHz.
- Optional A-D card with up to 192kHz, 24-bit sampling offers high-quality digital audio conversion to Dante, ADAT and AES3
- Classic ISA mic preamp design featuring Lundahl LL1538 input transformer
- Switching power supply design allows for efficient and cool operation
- Front-panel instrument inputs to first four channels
- Line inputs with dedicated input connectors and front-panel select switch
- Switchable input impedance including classic ISA 110 setting
- High-pass filter with fixed 75Hz frequency and 18dB/octave roll-off
- Switchable insert points when used with A-D card
- Per-channel six-segment LED peak-level meters
- Brainworx bx_console Focusrite – exclusive plug-in that faithfully captures the sound, feel and styling of the original Focusrite ISA 110 Equaliser and ISA 130 Dynamics Modules.