FOCUSRITE PRO RedNet D64R
64-channel bridge between MADI and Dante Networks
Product lists can be submitted to HHB for a packaged quotation
The Focusrite RedNet D64R provides a link between a Dante Ethernet-based audio system and any MADI / AES10 setup. Part of RedNet Focusrite’s RedNet range of modular Ethernet-networked audio distribution systems, D16R AES connects to a network via a single Ethernet cable.
The RedNet D64R supports up to 64 channels for both coaxial and optical MADI interfaces and is completely bi-directional, allowing the use of any Dante components including RedNet’s high-quality interface products with a MADI system, or MADI components with a Dante system. RedNet D64R also provides Word Clock in and out.
The D64R features a sample rate converter (SRC) on each input and output allowing
interfacing between MADI and Dante irrespective of the sample rate at which either
system is operating.
The 64R is fitted with two separate power supplies and fault detection capabilities for failsafe redundancy, with separate power input sockets (with retaining clips) on the rear of the unit.
The D64R supports up to 64 channels of digital audio from a MADI system at standard (44.1/48kHz) sample rates, 32 channels at 88.2/96 kHz, or 16 channels at 176.4/192. It also fully supports the MADI varispeed (56-channel) mode.
D64R bridges a MADI system and a Dante network – and, like the rest of the Focusrite RedNet range, it is fully interoperable with all other Dante network components. The bridging facility means that you can use RedNet audio interfaces to put analogue or digital I/O, as well as third-party Dante-compatible products.
- Connects a MADI system and a Dante network seamlessly together. Connect Dante to digital mixing consoles, interfaces and cards that use MADI; or extend a MADI system with RedNet’s versatile, superb-quality audio interfaces and connectivity or any other Dante compatible devices
- Built-in redundancy with dual locking power and etherCON network connectors
- Supports both coax and optical interfaces – connect simply to any MADI equipment
- Slave either the Dante system or MADI streams to an external clock
- Supports up to 64 channels of digital audio I/O at standard sample rates (44.1/48kHz) from a MADI system, 32 channels at 96kHz and 16 at 192kHz
- Sample rate conversion (SRC) on each input and output, allowing MADI and Dante systems to operate simultaneously at different sample rates
- Simple 1U rack-mount module with the classic red aluminium faceplate
- RedNet Control and Dante software allow remote routing and control from the audio computer system via a software control panel – no hardware patching required