JOECO BlackBox BBR1MP
24-channel recorder with internally mounted preamps
Product lists can be submitted to HHB for a packaged quotation
The JoeCo BlackBox BBR1MP is a 24-channel recorder in for live audio acquisition. Primarily designed for the broadcast engineer and location sound recordist, the BBR1MP Recorder is a standalone unit in a 1U housing with 24 high-quality microphone preamps mounted internally, which operate at up to 24bit/96kHz.
The BBR1MP features a range of connection options including individually switchable mic/line inputs and balanced outputs, video sync, timecode and word clock inputs. Dante and MADI I/O can be fitted as an option in addition to the analogue connectors, adding 24 channels of Dante or MADI I/O. Microphones can either be connected to the unit via tails from the rear D-Sub connectors, or via an optional 2U breakout panel with XLR connectors.
Audio is recorded direct to external USB2 drive in Broadcast WAV format for instant ingest into post production. In addition to the BBR1MP’s multi-channel recording capabilities, it can create a simultaneous stereo mixdown. Full support for iXML data is also provided.
The BBR1MP will run off a 12V power source. Unused channels and features can be disabled in order to preserve battery life on location. The unit is fully controllable via JoeCoRemote for iPad. This features to set up individual mic pre channel parameters – level, mic/line, phantom power, hi-pass filter, soft limiter and phase reverse. Levels are shown on high resolution meters and the monitor mix can be adjusted using expandable channel strips with graphic faders, pan, solo, mute and other parameter controls.
• General Sample rates: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz
• Bit depth: 16 / 24bit
• Disk interface: USB2 (compatible with USB3)
• Disk format: FAT32 – compatible with both Mac and PC
• File format: Broadcast WAV (BWAV)
• External drive: USB2/3 hard drive or fast memory stick
• File type: Standard mono Broadcast WAV or multi-channel WAV
•User interface: Primarily designed for use with the JoeCoRemote iPad app, the unit can also be configured directly from the front panel
• Record/playback: Up to 24 channels @ up to 96kHz / 24 bit
• Inputs: Switchable microphone / line inputs on channel by channel basis
• Mic preamps: Gain: 0 – +60dB continuously variable;
• Soft limiter: software selectable on/off
• Hi-pass filter: -6dB @ 100Hz, 12dB/octave
• Max input level: +21dBu
• EIN: <-124dBu (20-22kHz)
• THD: <-110dBFS (20-22kHz @ -10dBFS input)
• Cross talk rejection > 80dB @ 20kHz
• ZIN: >10kOhm (single ended); >2kOhm (differential)
• Outputs: Line level balanced outputs (+21dBu = 0dBFS)
• E-E: THD+N E-E: better than -90 dBFS (unity gain, 20 – 22kHz, unweighted)
• Frequency response: better than +/- 0.5dB, 20-40kHz @ 96kHz sampling
• Monitoring: Front-mounted ¼” TRS jack socket: headphone mix, PFL, solo etc (Engineer);
• Rear-mounted ¼” jack socket for headphone mix only (Director)
Control and Synchronisation:
• Audio clock synchronization: Word clock, Video reference and SMPTE linear timecode (all std frame rates supported), AES/EBU or SPDIF clock
• Control: JoeCoRemote for full control; Sony 9-pin and MIDI (MMC) for transport controls
• Physical: 19″ rack-mounted 1U (435x44x170mm) – >3kg Optional 19″ rack-mounted 2U breakout panel (XLR) (475mm x 88mm x 35mm) 1kg
• Power: 12V dc (Kycon 4-pole connector), 35W max. External universal PSU included.