LYNX STUDIO TECHNOLOGY Aurora (n)
Product lists can be submitted to HHB for a packaged quotation
The new Aurora (n) is a complete redesign of the original Aurora which defined the interface genre. Building on the bedrock of the original, the Aurora (n)
- 8, 16, 24, and 32 channel versions – each in a 1U format.
- Upgradable modules including a pre-amp, analog summing and digital connectivity (AES3+ADAT).
- Two audiophile-grade headphone outs with independent volume controls.
- Onboard 32-channel microSD recorder for direct recording and playback.
- 1 in 3-out word clock with Lynx’s second generation SynchroLock 2™ technology.
- Future-proof LSlot design with swappable USB, Thunderbolt, ProTools®|HD and DANTE cards.
- Full Windows and OSX compatibility
- Road-ready rack-mount reinforced chassis
- 24 Bit – 192 kHz mastering grade A/D and D/A conversion
- Designed and built in Southern California, USA
Signal coloration is additive and can kill an otherwise pristine mix. That’s why a colored mix begins to collapse while the transparent mix has space, definition and a level of detail that is simply unattainable with converters that add color and distortion. Lynx’s hallmark sonic transparency is why Lynx converters are being used in the most mission-critical audio applications and in the world’s finest recording facilities. Lynx converters have been specified for their uncanny ability to convert signals without adding any artifacts or color. For audio engineers and producers demanding the most pristine recordings and mixes Lynx is the converter of choice at facilities like Dolby’s new mega complex of audio research, Skywalker Sound, NPR, and the Smithsonian Institute. Lynx converters pass the most stringent tests and shoot outs to become the sought after converters for these discerning professionals. Precision matters more than ever and there is no place for even the slightest coloration or degradation of the signal.
Discrete Converter Array
Some manufacturers use multiple converters on a single chip. While that is one way to fit many converter channels in a single rack space while lowering costs, it comes at a steep cost in performance. At Lynx, the analog signal path for each channel has been designed as a self-contained and shielded circuit. Each channel pair has its own dedicated conversion device. This has many sonic advantages by significantly reducing crosstalk and distortion while increasing dynamic range and performance.
Design and technology borrowed from the development of the Hilo is used to significantly improve specifications and transparency over previous models while attaining stunning Hilo-like performance.
- Add Channels – Start with eight, sixteen or twenty four channels and later add additional groups of eight channels for up to thirty two total.
- Add Modules – Digital I/O, Mic Pre Amp; More are being designed now for future release.
- Add Connection Method – Thunderbolt, DANTE, ProTools|HD or USB via LSlot Cards
- Add Functionality – Via firmware updates. Just as we have for Hilo and Aurora we will continue to improve the Aurora(n)’s functionality and build in new feature sets.
For the first time ever, we have designed and built a microphone preamp to compliment the capabilities of the Aurora (n). The LM-PRE4 not only adds the flexibility of four channels of mic/line/Hi-Z inputs, but also adds an additional four channels of A/D conversion. The LM-PRE4 is sonically matched for the Aurora (n) with all the transparency, detail and flexibility you’ve come to expect from Lynx.
Digital I/O Module
Lynx Studio Technology announces the LM-DIG, an expansion module for the Aurora (n) It integrates seamlessly with the mixing and routing engine on the Aurora (n) and allows the Aurora (n) to replace any current Aurora system that requires AES/EBU connectivity.
Continuing in the tradition of non-obsolescence design, Lynx adds the DB-ADAT daughter board that brings ADAT and S/PIDF connectivity when paired with an LM-DIG Aurora(n) module.
All new SynchroLock 2™ high-performance sample clock technology provides a whopping 300,000:1 reduction in jitter, 5 second lock time and absolute accuracy. Word clock I/O provides one input and three outputs on BNC connectors.
LSlot connectivity options
Lynx don’t restrict how you choose to connect your devices. With LSlot, you can change your connection whenever you need. You will be covered now, and in the future when new standards are made available.