NEUMANN KM 184 Stereo Set
Zero tolerance: The master class for instrumental recordings
Product lists can be submitted to HHB for a packaged quotation
Without any doubt, you must have heard the KM 184 in various recordings, as it is the go-to instrument microphone in countless studios around the globe. Its strengths: A natural sound reproduction (also of voices), an entirely uncolored and authentic sound character and the ability to handle high sound levels.
Experienced users often describe the sound of our small diaphragm microphone as fresh” and vivid”. This is – among other factors – due to a slight treble lift around 9 kilohertz. The KM 184 is an experienced all-rounder, a mic for all seasons. It captures virtually any instrument with amazing complexity and depth of sound.
Another advantage: thanks to the extremely tight production tolerances, all KM 184 microphones produce a very consistent sound. Therefore, they can easily be used as a stereo pair with exact spatial imaging for all stereo recording methods.
- Versatile small membrane microphone primarily for instrumental recordings
- Slight treble lift for fresh and vivid sound
- Precise cardioid directionality with excellent rejection of rearward sound
- Uncolored reproduction of neighboring sound sources
- Tight production tolerances – perfect for stereo recordings