MIDI timecode interface.
Product lists can be submitted to HHB for a packaged quotation
Digital audio workstations as well as lighting and show control software make use of MTC midi timecode for synchronisation. The MIF4 provides professional interfacing to standard LTC (SMPTE) timecode.
MIF4 reads LTC, MTC from MIDI or USB and regenerates LTC and MTC signals. The timecode generator can be referenced to external SD or HD video syncs or audio word clocks signals. The unit automatically detects and displays incoming SD and HD video standards with according frame rates. The Rosendahl sync algorithms suppress timecode jitter and drop outs.
- Balanced LTC timecode I/O on 3-pin XLRs
- MTC, MMC MIDI I/O on 5-pin DIN connectors
- SD/ HD/ wordclock reference input on BNC
- Device class compliant USB MIDI I/O
- 5V USB powered, external USB power supply for standalone operation included
- 19″ rack brackets included
- SOURCE = LTC read LTC (SMPTE) timecode, display and convert into MTC/USB midi time code and regenerate LTC (SMPTE) timecode.
- SOURCE = MIDI read MTC from MIDI input, display and convert into LTC (SMPTE) and regenerate MTC/USB midi timecode.
- SOURCE = USB read MTC from USB, display and convert into LTC (SMPTE) and regenerate MTC/USB midi timecode.
- SOURCE = GEN the timecode generator can be set up and started manually or remote controlled by MMC midi machine control commands.
- FPS timecode standards are automatically detected and displayed by the four FPS LEDs (24, 25, 30 Frames Per Second, DF is SMPTE Drop Frame standard).
- DISPLAY = TC shows timecode in hours, minutes, seconds and frames.
- DISPLAY = UB SMPTE user bits, 8 nibbles shown hexadecimal.
- DISPLAY = CAL informs about timecode speed. 29.97 non drop timecode for example is indicated by 30 FPS LED and calibration 0.9990.
- DISPLAY = REF PAL or NTSC video syncs (576i, 480i) as well as HD tri-level syncs (720p, 1080i, 1080p) are automatically detected and displayed along with their frame rate.