Stereo Ribbon Microphone
Product lists can be submitted to HHB for a packaged quotation
The Royer SF-12 is a stereo coincident ribbon microphone that offers optimised stereo separation and imaging with no audible diffraction effects or cavity resonance. The SF-12 is a modern ribbon mic comprised of two matched mics placed one above the other; each aimed 45 degrees from center in the classic Blumlein configuration. This microphone delivers excellent frequency response regardless of the angle of sound striking the ribbons and negligible off-axis coloration.
The SF-12 utilizes two 1.8-micron ribbons, each weighing approximately 1/3 milligram that produce optmised transient response. The two ribbon transducers are magnet/pole piece structures that produce a wide, uniform frequency response with no substantial peaks or dips. The housing of the SF-12 is ingot iron and forms part of the magnetic return circuit, an effective system with low leakage flux that accounts for the relatively high sensitivity in a trim package.
The SF-12’s extension cable comes with a Y adapter that splits into separate 3-pin male XLR connectors labeled “Upper” and “Lower,” for the upper and lower capsules of the microphone (when held vertically).
• True stereophonic (Blumlein and M-S) recording from one microphone.
• High SPL capabilities.
• No internal active electronics to overload or produce distortion up to maximum SPL rating.
• Extremely low residual noise.
• Ribbon element not affected by heat or humidity.
• Absence of high frequency phase distortion.
• Equal sensitivity from front or back of elements.
• Consistent frequency response regardless of distance.
• High efficiency, matching toroidal transformers.
• Very low magnetic leakage.
• Acoustic Operating Principle: Electrodynamic pressure gradient
• Polar Pattern: Symmetrical figure-8
• Generating Element: 1.8-micron aluminum ribbon
• Frequency Response: 30-15,000 Hz +/- 3dB
• Sensitivity: > -52 dBv Re. 1v/pa
• Output Impedance: 300 Ohms @ 1K (nominal)
• Rated Load Impedance: >1500 Ohms @ 300 nominal impedance
• Maximum SPL: >130dB
• Output Connector: Male XLR 5 pin (stereo*)
• Dimensions: 206 mm L X 25 mm W (8″ L X 1″ W)
• Weight: 369 Grams (13 Oz)
• Finish: Matte Black Chrome, Dull Satin Nickel (optional)