STUDER Vista X
Large Scale Mixing Console
Product lists can be submitted to HHB for a packaged quotation
As the flagship of the Studer mixing console range, Vista X introduces key new technology while being immediately familiar to anyone experienced with mixing on a Studer. Studer Vista X mixers are in daily use, in critical and creative product tasks from music production to live broadcasting. Vista X can be specified as a large format console with up to 72 faders, in a range of cosmetic finishes.
New features include enhanced resilience based on Quad Star technology, where the operating system and major components are duplicated, so a Vista X will keep on running even in the event of a hardware failure. In addition, every major component has dual power supplies, critical interconnections use parallel path cabling, the Vista Surveyor application provides real time monitoring of system status and runtime logs are recorded to allow operating issues to be diagnosed. This level of ‘on-air’ Studer resilience is trusted by leading broadcasters across the world.
A Vista X system consists of the control surface, DSP Core, I/O racks and additional accessories. The Studer Infinity or Compact Infinity Cores provide the DSP audio processing n a range of capacities from 300 and 1,000 equivalent audio channels. The Cores support massive audio routing capabilities with patch crosspoints recalled for different sessions and controllable by third party automation systems. The Vista X router can handle the entire requirement for audio format conversion, patching, sample rate conversion and distribution, and with fibre cabling used between Vista components, a remote I/O rack to be located a distance of many kilometres. Audio interfacing is provided by the new Studer D23m I/O racks and modular cards, the system is also compatible with the Studer D21m I/O hardware.
The Studer Vista mixers provide a highly intuitive and non-fatiguing control interface based on key technologies such Vistonics™ interface and FaderGlow™ . All of Studer Vista mixers use the same operating software, allowing sessions to transferred between mixers. The Vista operating system is highly featured and mature, having been developed over many years in collaboration with sound operators working on the most prestigious projects. Vista offers an unparalleled set of features and extensive functions for integration in the most sophisticated broadcast studios.
- 32, 42, 52, 62 and 72 fader console with built-in meter bridge.
- No single point of failure, fully redundancy configuration options, based on Vista X Quad Star technology, redundant Infinity Cores, dual parallel connector ports and dual power modules. Vista X is designed for on-air broadcasting.
- Fully surround-capable with versatile panning and monitoring functionality, up to 7.1.
- Sophisticated built-in Dynamic Automation system with DAW remote control.
- High-quality motorised faders.
- VistaMix – Studer’s acclaimed automated microphone mixing algorithm, based on gain sharing. Runs directly on the Infinity Core with no external hardware required.
- Infinity Core and Compact Infinity Core process options with high-capacity A-Link ports (1536 channels/port) for D23m I/O integration or direct connection into routing systems including Riedel, Evertz, Artel, etc.
- Easy integration of popular AoIP formats including Dante, Livewire, AES67, etc.
- BSS DPR-901 Dynamic EQ Plug-In, assignable to any channel as desired and running directly on the Infinity Core.
- Up to 6 Lexicon PCM96 Surround high quality reverb processors can be connected with their parameters stored in the mixer’s snap shots and accessible directly from the Vistonics Interface.
- Ember and Pro-Bel protocol support for use with broadcast/newsroom automation systems.
- Unprecedented CPU-based processing power
- Big productions demand a lot of processing muscle. The Studer Infinity Core and Compact Infinity Cores delivers an unprecedented quantities of audio channels with superb sonic quality and thousands of inputs and outputs.
Aviation-standard system redundancy
The Vista X with Quad Star technology uses four control processors to achieve aviation-standard levels of redundancy in the control surface while CPU-based DSP makes it viable to provide two completely independent DSP cores running in parallel with ‘instant’ change over.
A revolutionary approach to stress-free mixing
Vistonics and FaderGlow. A revolutionary approach to stress-free mixing. Vista mixing engineers are freed from the burden of complex mental mapping necessitated by the process of digital audio mixing using a central screen. Studer’s revolutionary Vistonics interface builds Vista V’s rotary controls and buttons directly into the flat screen displays which provide visual feedback. Each audio function is always associated with the same colour – red for EQ and filters, green for dynamics, and so on.
Another Studer innovation, FaderGlow, combines with assignable channel naming to further reduce stress by illuminating each fader in the colour relating to the relevant function, creating an instant overview of console status. SpillZone allows the user to line-up member channels contributing to a Group-Channel on just one button press, with FaderGlow clearly displaying their affiliation. SpillZone is definable dynamically and in runtime.
A better view means a better mix. The Vista X control surface displays everything you need to see in a format you can readily comprehend. There’s a bargraph meter for every channel from mono to surround. Vista X also includes a sophisticated, built-in high class Loudness meter. The Vista X meterbridge add large scale meters for each fader, plus a history display of the last 50 seconds of audio to capture those annoying clicks and overloads so hard to find in a multi-mic live show
Automated microphone mixing for unscripted panel shows
Essential for live, multi-mic, unscripted events such as talk shows and game shows, VistaMix™ automatically mimics the actions of a highly skilled human operator, increasing gain for ‘talking’ mics and reducing gain for all others at lightning speed to create a clean live mix without spill or ambience.
Upgrading the mixer shouldn’t mean changing the workflow
Studer’s AutoTouch Plus Dynamic Automation System allows the most complex automation tasks to be carried out within a clear and logical workflow while EMBER support provides seamless integration with broadcast and newsroom automation systems.
Vista X exists for pain free live production, with dedicated controls for extensive snapshot filtering, buttons for talkback and user-programmable functions, configurable matrix busses, dedicated mute groups and stress free outside source management. Vista X interfaces with all major DAW systems. Many DAW functions can be directly controlled on the console, where innovative operating concepts such as StripSetup and Ganging bring DAW integration to a new level and greatly enhance the production workflow.