Product lists can be submitted to HHB for a packaged quotation
CL 2A is a two channel all-tube opto compressor, featuring two independent channels. The optical gain reduction element is placed after the input transformer and followed by an all tube-based output amplifier with a +10 dB gain. A link switch is provided for use of the two separate compressors in stereo mode or for linking several compressors together.
Both Input and Output are balanced and have fully floating transformers with a static screen.
The power supply and the sidechain circuit are based on solid state designs.
With the exception of the anode voltage for the output stage, all DC voltages are stabilized.
CL2A Technical Features
- Low-distortion optical gain reduction element
- All-tube based push-pull amplifier
- Frequency response @ -3 dB: 5 Hz to 60 kHz
- Low noise: < -80 dBU @ 10 dB gain
- CMRR: > 60 dB @ 10 kHz
- Variable ratio from 1.5:1 to 10:1
- Continuously variable attack and release times
- Output gain: Off to +10 dBU
- Variable threshold: Off to -20 dBU
- VU meters show output or compression
- Linkable for stereo applications
- Interconnection of several compressors via two busses
- Clickless In/Out relay
- Conductive plastic potentiometers
- Gold plated switches
- Input and output are transformer balanced and fully floating