2-way active monitor.
Product lists can be submitted to HHB for a packaged quotation
The A8X adds to the AX-Series as a unique model because its power and radiation characteristics allow it to be used as both a nearfield and midfield monitor. It represents a particularly attractive entry-level model for midfield monitoring which offers transparent reproduction of higher frequencies, clear mids and an excellent transient response.
The extra large, front-positioned bass reflex ports are perfectly matched with the bass/midrange driver that has a 1.5? voice coil. Thus the A8X can play very low registers with a powerful punch, and the greatest possible precision. The 150 Watt PWM amplifier for the midrange speakers in conjunction with the 50 Watt A/B tweeter amp enable the A8X to generate impressive maximum sound pressure levels of 120dB per pair at one meter.
- X-ART tweeter, handmade in Berlin
- The air velocity ratio of 4:1 during the sound generation by folded X-ART membrane
- Ultra-light but extremely dimensionally stable woofer material (Carbon/Rohacell/Glass fibre)
- Vertical 2-way system with 8.5″ woofer
- Spacious bass reflex ports on the front
- Highly efficient PWM amplifier for the woofer coupled with an A/B amplifier for X-ART tweeter
- Linear frequency response of 38 Hz to 50 kHz
- Maximum peak sound pressure per pair in 1 m ≥ 120 dB
- Simple, stepless room acoustic adjustments over tweeter gain, low and high shelf filters
- Analog XLR and RCA inputs
- Acoustically optimized cabinet geometry
- Directional sound radiation in vertical plane
- Volume control and on/off switch on the front
- 2 years warranty with optional extension to 3 years with the registration of the product