LYNX STUDIO TECHNOLOGY E44
PCI Express card
Product lists can be submitted to HHB for a packaged quotation
The Lynx E44 is a PCI Express card with four analogue and digital I/O channels.
Built on the design of the renowned LynxONE and LynxTWO cards, the E series combines the best of these technologies with enhancements for I/O protection and shielding to deliver performance levels that even surpasses the Lynx Aurora converters. The E44 is roughly the equivalent of the LynxTWO-A in a PCI Express format.
The E44 utilises a sophisticated design and components with low noise and distortion. Its circuit topologies are compact and cancel external noise pickup, while the capacitors are comprised of solid dielectrics for reliability and long life. Considerable effort is applied to PCB layout, which focuses on component placement and routing of traces, as well as the use of copper planes for shielding and power distribution.
The power available from the PCI Express bus offers a particular challenge due to the lack of a negative supply rail that is required to power analogue amplifier stages. The E series utilises a unique scheme to generate supply rails that are extremely low noise and extremely tolerant of poorly designed computer power supplies.
The use of field-programmable-gate-arrays (FPGA) is another core technology pioneered for use in audio devices by Lynx. The E series uses the latest FPGA technology and devices with a wealth of resources for parallel processing from a 16 X 8 mixer and V2 DMA engine to maximise throughput on the PCIe bus and minimise CPU workload. FPGA’s also allow for features to be added to the card as they are released.
The Lynx E44 is ideal for:
– Capturing and archiving historic and classic material with extreme accuracy and transparency.
– Broadcast applications requiring 24/7 flawless operation
– Audio measurement
– Audio production
– Medical, military and industrial applications that require full audio spectrum capabilities and extreme reliability
• Four channels A/D and D/A conversion
• Four channels of AES3 or S/PDIF I/O
• Extremely low-jitter SynchroLock sample clock generator
• Sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 kHz
• Fixed or adjustable trim level on all analog I/O’s, relay controlled
• Automatic output muting on power on/off (de-thump)
• FPGA-based on-board hardware mixing
• V2 DMA Engine promotes extremely low-latency operation
• Drivers for Macintosh OS X, Windows 7 & 8. Thunderbolt compatible.
• Lynx Mixer application
• RoHS compliant
• Designed and built in the USA